Taking down PPP at a certain hour of the day

I am wondering.. how I can do this.. I would like to create a script that
run in the background and check the time.. if it is 8am it do a
wall announcement saying the system is going down, kill all the incoming
telnet connections, and disconnect my PPP connection..  if it's not then
it will just keep on running until is..  Anywhere on how I would attempt
to do this.. I don't know how to shell program so I wouldn't know where to
start..

Thanks
Matthew

-----
Matthew Stone, 23 Roosevelt Drive, Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada L4C6V1
               Pager (416)339-9052