Re: InfoMagic Debian 1.2 Installation

Bruce Perens wrote:

> I think you might also have to install "xext".
>
>         Bruce
> --
> Bruce Perens K6BP   Bruce@Pixar.com
> Finger bruce@master.Debian.org for PGP public key.
> PGP fingerprint = 88 6A 15 D0 65 D4 A3 A6  1F 89 6A 76 95 24 87 B3
Thank you both;

SO far adding the modules for pex and xie has solved the first problem,
but now X11 starts up fine and appears to be working well and then it
just exits without an error message.  I installed xext, well sort of,
there is no xext module in the directory with pex5.so and xie.so, so I
don't really understand what is supposed to happen with "xext".  So I
still do not have it working.

In addition I thought that I might call up ftp.debian.org and upgrade
some packages to fix some of these problems but when I start pppd it
reports that version 0.0.0 is not acceptable and errors out.  I did
verify that the ppp module is loading at bootup so I would appreciate
any guidance you can give on this as well.

About a week ago I upgraded my Debian 1.1.13 system which was installed
with i-connect's CD over ppp and had a completely working system and now
doing a clean HD format and using the InfoMagic CD X11 and ppp do not
work.  Am I doing something wrong?