Re: Found a core file.

On Fri, 13 Dec 1996 23:34:49 CST Gith (gith@quicklink.net) wrote:

> After searching around my hard drive after things crashed. I found
> a core file off in a remote dir. It was created about the same time
> the crash took place.
>
> Here's the embarassing part. I've never had Linux crash on me before.
> So what do I do with this core file?

You can see what program generated this core file with `file core'. If this doesn't work, you can pretend to use gdb like this:
	gdb /bin/ls core
And gdb will tell you the core doesn't match the progeam, and give you the core program's name.

What might have happened is linux running out of memory space...

Phil.