Re: Some notes on Debian experiences

Alan Eugene Davis writes:
> I wanted to compile a new kernel.  Remembering that Debian has a
> screwy header file setup,
        ^
You forgot a ", IMO," here.

> I had to relink as described in the
> /usr/src/linux/README.

For the umpteenth time.  You don't need these links to compile the
kernel.  I haven't had those links on any of my systems in over a year
and it hasn't stopped me from compiling hundreds of kernels.

BTW, libc6 will use a different approach.  I need to double check, but
I think it sucks all of the information it needs from the kernel
headers at build time.  You won't need any kernel headers in
/usr/include, symlinked or otherwise, to compile programs with it.

David