Problems with 3com509B network card.

I had two wd8013 cards installed in my machine (Bo distribution).
My customer kernel 2.0.27 has support for both 3com and wd8013
network cards. I had to replace one of the wd8013 by a 3com509B.
Both cards are recognized at boot but the 3com509B is not working
although the wd8013 one does. The route and ifconfig configurations
are fine because they were working before with the two wd8013 cards.
Does anyone has a clue about what the problem might be?
Sorry for sending this message to Debian user list, but I
remember seeing two other messages today about problems with
the 3com509B card.

Thanks for any help.

Ramos.

---------
     J. RAMOS Goncalves | E-mail: J.R.Goncalves@reading.ac.uk
     Department of Physics - University of Reading - England - U.K.