Re: newsfeeds help!

In your email to me, Ricardo Kleemann, you wrote:

> Thanks...
>
> I'm trying to figure out if I'm really feeding the site... where else can
> I look to confirm? After many attempts, the user at the other end informed

They should see the articles appear in the news log file (/var/log/news/log
on most systems).

> me that they had received one article. That's it... and there's a lot of
> articles here.

They should see 1 line for each article in the log file.

> What is the criteria for sending and when articles get sent?
>
> I've run nntpsend and the send-nntp script and it basically starts and
> stops right away. Where would I look to see if anything actually got sent?

You should take a look at (ummm) /var/log/news/nntpsend (i think). That
should tell you something. Make sure you don't have a lock file
for the reomte site or nothing will go.. look in /usr/lib/news...
I can't remember off the top of my head and I'm not at a Debian box.

Tim

--
 (work) sailer@bnl.gov / (home) tps@buoy.com - http://www.buoy.com/~tps
        "A desk is a dangerous place from which to view the world."