fork()ing and SIGKILL and SIGSTOP

I am writing a program that listens on several ports, using fork() to start
a separate thread for each port.  I want to be able to kill each of the
child processes when the master parent terminates.  I do not know how to
implement this.  I have tried signal(), and wait(), and neither will allow
trapping of SIGKILL and SIGSTOP.  I have registered a function with
atexit(), and that is not run either.

I know this can be done, because when PPPD is started, and I issue the
command "kill <PPPD pid>", PPPD runs the disconnect script before quitting.

Any help would be appreciated(sp?).

Adam Heath
doogie@shianet.org
http://www.geocities.com/Siliconvalley/Park/6562/

ps:  This is for a port redirection program.  It supports multiple
desitination addresses, and multiple listening ports, all from one command
line and one executable(albeit heavly multithreaded!).