Re: Debian and Windows95 FAT

On Sun, 1 Dec 1996, Mohan Khurana wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Nov 1996, Syrus Nemat-Nasser wrote:
> >
> > Don't worry about that, but be ready to mess up a couple of times as you
> > learn how everything works.  Remember the warning to back up any drives
> > that you can't afford to lose!
> hehehehe... okay.
> But I have all my real important data on my C drive, /dev/hda,  I will be
> installing linux on my D: drive, /dev/hdb, so I don't need to worry about
> my C drive, right?

Not right! It's can be easy to mistyped /dev/hda altough to have it in 2
differents hd is less (possible? sorry for my english!) Try to do
everything in a regular account and be `very careful' when you change to
root. You have really more power when you're root then you would never
have in DOS/Windows and without warning much of the time (Although the
debian are more secure about it than other distributions I try in thepast...)

Good Luck!

"Old software engineers never die, they just fail to boot"
Fabien Ninoles aka Baffouille       || Running Debian-Linux
Ninf01@gel.usherb.ca                || Lover of MOO, mountains,
http://www-edu.gel.usherb.ca/ninf01 || poetry and Freedom.

Version: 2.6.3i
Charset: noconv