Re: DOS <--> Linux

>I am running Debian 1.1.  I want to use it as a file server for MSDOS
>6.22. I was wondering what can I use to facilitate this. I know that I can
>use WFWG to connect to the samba server but is there such a thing for
>MSDOS?  I want to be able to boot off a floppy and have the Linux exported
>directory structure come up as c: . Basically make a Diskless(will sort
>of) dos station. Anyone hear of anything like this? Or is there a PC-NFS
>or equievelent in the shareware/freeware domain.

I believe (though I haven't done it myself) that there is a DOS component of
WFWG which you can run without Windows to allow use of WFWG networked drives
and printers.  I believe that you can access this using the

net /start

command which starts the WFWG networking before you actually run Windows.  I
had a friend who set a bunch of 286's up to a 486 like this a while ago.  I
think the service is called workstation or something similar.  Look at the
options for the  net  command.

Adam