Re: DOS <--> Linux

I have heard that there is an SMB client for DOS.  Check out:

  ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/

Also look at:

  http://lake.canberra.edu.au/pub/samba/docs/smb_serv/html/smb_se-2.html#clients

Good luck.

Chris -)-----

On Nov 27, 11:29am, Matthew Hewitt wrote:
> Subject: DOS <--> Linux
:
: I am running Debian 1.1.  I want to use it as a file server for MSDOS
: 6.22. I was wondering what can I use to facilitate this. I know that I
: can use WFWG to connect to the samba server but is there such a thing
: for MSDOS?  I want to be able to boot off a floppy and have the Linux
: exported directory structure come up as c: . Basically make a
: Diskless(will sort of) dos station. Anyone hear of anything like this?
: Or is there a PC-NFS or equievelent in the shareware/freeware domain.

crh@nts.umn.edu              Networking and Telecommunications Services