dftp and some problems

  Woops.. caught the spamfilter (Only mildly annoying)

  here is the original

 >  Okay, I fsck'd up bad :) Instead of doing the smart thing and deleting
 > Dos/WFWG (Actually, I need to keep dos until I get the BBS up under
 > Linux) then making all my drives ext2 I just used one.
 >
 >  /dev/hda is fat-16 (Dos C:)
 >  /dev/hdb is (was) fat-16 (Dos D:  but now mounted on /usr as ext2)
 >  /dev/hdc1 ext2 mounted as /
 >  /dev/hdc2 swap (30 Megs)
 >
 > okay, now I have most everything fixed.. mostly :)  How the *&#$)(&#$ do
 > I use ftp to install the stuff I want?
 >
 >  I have net access over a dialup PPP link, I have pppd in /usr/sbin and
 > the ppp modules load when I boot.
 >
 >  The modem is there, everything is the same as before but I can't connect
 > (I have to reboot into dos/windoze to use winsock)
 >
 >  I tried to connect and then choose ftp from the dselect access menu but
 > I couldn't get the pppd to connect right. as far as I can see everything
 > is exactly the same (Except lots of stuff that should be in /usr/bin and
 > /usr/sbin is in /bin and /sbin instead.. pppd and chat are in /usr/sbin
 > though)
 >
 >  Feeling a little stupid for crashing my system (Wouldn't do anything
 > except dump core because I filled the disk and didn't catch it in time)

   Mike

Muralynd  Rev. Mike Martin  Hrothgar the Smith, SCA Blacksmith par excellance
Eclectic Celtic/Discordian Witch           Pope and POEE, LSD, AUM's, and CCC
muralynd@netusa1.net     http://www.networkamerica.com/~muralynd    FNORD
#include <discord.h>      ICBM: 40 45 13 N 86 04 08 W 649'
Finger me for Geek code and Bio!  I Love Multi-Orgasmic Women   |Myers-Briggs
PGP fingerprint: 67 25 E4 67 2B 57 86 CE  F9 33 37 BA EC 66 3E AE  | ENFX