Re: Netscape - bus error

Pedro Quaresma wrote:

> Hi.
>
>         I want to install Netscape in my Debian-Linux 486DX2 (66Mhz).
> $ netscape
>
> unable to obtain ... (I do not remenber exactly something about colors)
>
> unable to obtain ...
>
> bus error
> $
>
> Can you help me?

Netscape is unable to allocate colors for its display.  Try doing
"netscape -ncols 64" and see if the "unable to obtain" erros go
away.  If not, try numbers smaller than 64 or close some applications
that are using lots of colors.  If the bus error goes away, you should
help menu).

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )