Re: Mailing lists back up

(I don't think this has very much to do with debian-devel, so I
removed it from the headers)

 HM> I just noticed this. I wonder if perhaps the wording could be
 HM> made a little friendlier; I found it a bit intimidating,
 HM> especially about the $1000 fine. What if someone takes a dislike

I think the $1000 fine is quite OK; but I think it should indicate who
the fee should be payed to. Debian Project? List maintainer?

 HM> to me and can argue in court that my mail was "spam"? The mail

"There is a $1000 charge for commercial advertising", etc. I think
that's pretty clear.

 HM> filter also assumes guilt rather than innocence. :-( I haven't
 HM> noticed their being any spam problems on this list anyway to date
 HM> .. ?

There have been at least two or three messages (that I saw, I might
have skipped some others) in the last couple of weeks.

I think the filter is a _very_ good idea.

--
Juri Pakaste/Juri.Pakaste@Helsinki.FI