Re: Dselect docs for beginners

On Wed, 20 Nov 1996, Tim Sailer wrote:

> In the Access part, explain what the common cdrom devices are,
> what to do if you have problems with nfs (I have written up locally
> about the nfs.o problem, and have a ftpable copy), and offer
> a little more detail on the ftp method. Maybe point to some ftp
> sites. Are there any other public nfs sites?

I gave this some thought, but as I am documenting dselect rather that the
install process I have not gone into cdroms and the nfs problem will go
away with 1.2.  Maybe ftp should get a mention, but there again it is a
different layer from dselect.  I have not used it.

> Explain in detail what the 'EIOM' headings mean.

Done.

> explain the '=' option in case something is broken in a package
> and you can't get by it (as seen in the e2fsprogs in the past few weeks)

Done

At this point the document is 300 lines which is about as far as I can
stretch Bruce's request for a SHORT file.  Look on
ftp://oak.scotch.wa.edu.au/pub for dselect.beginner.3.gz.  Please report
errors.

Lindsay

As an aside here, why do messages from me to the list come up in my Pine
index (in the From column) as To:debian-user rather than as from Lindsay?