Re: Dselect docs for beginners

I've read your document, and though I'm obviously no good at figuring
out whether it'll be any good for beginners I've attached my one
detailed comment about it.

Thanks for your work !

Ian.

In s.2, Select:
> I suggest installing little more than a bare minimum at this point as
> you will have ample opportunity of adding more later.  Also make sure
> that you do not select really large things like emacs or the kernel
> source.  Keep it simple.  [IS IT RIGHT TO SUGGEST GOING WITH THE DEFAULTS?]

I don't know whether it's really necessary to advise people not to
select any large packages at this stage.  Everything ought to work
reasonably well if they just select what they want.

The defaults are supposed to be good and useful, and going with them
is almost always at least safe (if not optimal).