Re: syslog daemon is dying

> Look in /etc/syslog.conf, and make sure all of the log files mentioned in
> that file, and their _directories_, actually exist. I hear stories of this
> happening when removing some package, because the log file and its directory
> disappears, and syslogd gets into a loop trying to open the log file.

I have a similar problem (but I can eventually get syslogd and klogd to
both come up by "./etc/init.d/sysklogd restart" over and over again).  I
did a test -e for every file mentioned in /etc/syslog.conf and got a 0
status every time?

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

--
 "Sex without love is an empty experience.  | G. Branden Robinson
  But as empty experiences go, it's one of  | Fortune Plango Vulnera