Re: WinNT OS loader

On Mon, 18 Nov 1996, Doug Redd wrote:

> I have Win NT installed on one drive and Linux on another, with the Win NT
> drive being the default boot drive.  I am currently using loadlin to boot
> linux, but I am wondering if there is a way to get the Win NT OS loader to
> load Linux.
> Does anyone know?

What I've done to have dual boot Windows NT and Linux is to use LILO.

Install LILO so that it will boot a "dos" partition, or Linux, and have
the "dos" partition boot by default.  It will load up the DOS partition,
and bring up NTLOADER from there.

NT is pretty ok, once you beat it into submission... :)
IT wants to be the one booting... but it doesn't have to.

--
                              Daniel Stringfield
       mailto:servo@jax-inter.net http://www.jax-inter.net/users/servo