Re: WinNT OS loader

On Mon, 18 Nov 1996, Doug Redd wrote:

> I have Win NT installed on one drive and Linux on another, with the Win NT
> drive being the default boot drive.  I am currently using loadlin to boot
> linux, but I am wondering if there is a way to get the Win NT OS loader to
> load Linux.
> Does anyone know?

Use attrib to remove the RHS attributes from boot.ini and then
just edit it.  I don't have one handy, but its pretty easy to
figure out.  I think its similar to lilo (i.e. give a tag and a
partition to boot from).  Your lilo.conf should be setup to boot
from the partition linux is installed in, but thats the usual
default.  The boot loader just points you to that partition and
lilo takes it from there.

God luck!

Richard G. Roberto
richr@bear.com