Re: XFree86 3.2 Initial Reports

Herbert Xu writes:
> Sure, the user should be able to customise things if they want to.  But
> if you don't have a pretty default, people will simply say that Debian
> looks ugly!

First make it work.  Then make it work right.  Then make it work really
well. Then, if you have time and it doesn't break anything, make it
"pretty".

I've never seen anything on a computer screen I would call "pretty".
Doesn't bother me: I prefer functional.  Have you ever seen the phrase
"form follows function"?  Make it work well, and it will look good.

John Hasler
jghasler@win.bright.net (John Hasler)
Dancing Horse Hill
Elmwood, WI