Re: Big IDE drive on old bios

On Fri, 15 Nov 1996, Stephen Fuqua wrote:

> Will I be able to get lilo to boot off the 1gig drive when I
> make a root partition smaller than 1023 cylinders?  Can I be

     Yes.

> pretty sure that I can at least boot the thing with a floppy?

     Yes.

     Unless there's some kind of crazy incompatibility (it's always
possible...), create a 20Mb partition, setup the BIOS with the HD
parameters except for the cylinders and it should boot from this
partition. The floppy should definetely work. Get the bigger drive, it's
probably faster too.

Cya,
Nelson
lago@that.com.br