Problems with latest samba

Hello all:

I'm having trouble with the latest samba from unstable (samba_1.9.16p9.deb).
Since I installed it, I've been seeing messsages like these at the console:

Nov 14 10:54:55 naoma nmbd[300]: connect from calera.uniandes.edu.co
Nov 14 10:54:55 naoma inetd[212]: /usr/sbin/tcpd: exit status 0x1
Nov 14 10:54:56 naoma inetd[212]: netbios-ns/udp server failing (looping),
service terminated

The first two messages usually repeat many times (about 20) and then the whole
thing ends up with the last 'server failing' message.   The problem happens
very often with connections comming from differet machines in my subnetwork.

Any ideas of what may be happening?

M. S.
Martin A. Soto J.                           Profesor
Departamento de Ingenieria de Sistemas y Computacion
Universidad de los Andes      masoto@uniandes.edu.co