GnuStep Re: X is painful

Jim asked about GnuStep;  Well-- a complete set of GnuStep packages have been built by Karl Sackett and are awaiting my work on gcc [an attempt to fix a crasher in the optimizer that causes the base GnuStep library to NOT be built with optimization-- UGH!] before release.

Now that I have an answer on the libc front (ie; 1.2 will ship with 5.4.7), I'm going to reboot to Linux and produce 'official' 5.4.7 compliant GCC 2.7.2.1 + GnuStep Threading Patches in short order.

BTW:  For now, I'm using the built in MIT_POSIX_THREADS.  Who is maintaining LinuxThreads-- it seems like a superior package and I would like to move to it as soon as possible...

BUT:  If I move to using LinuxThreads, gcc will DEPEND on the LinuxThreads package.  Does that offend anyone?

b.bum