E-Mail address

>> I have a university account (jlillibr@nmsu.edu) and a linux box at
>> home. My account name is "joe" on the linux box, and I want all
>> outgoing mail to say it is from jlillibr@nmsu.edu. How would I do
>> this?

I use smail, configured as the `satellite' option. I did the following
in the `transports' file to resolve the name problem:

smtp:	driver=tcpsmtp, max_addrs=100, -max_chars, inet,
	remove_header="From",
	insert_header="From: lynbech@daimi.aau.dk ($sender_name on satellite)";
	use_bind, defer_no_connect, -local_mx_okay, defnames

which means that on outgoing posts (delievered via SMTP which is not
the default I believe), the from header is first removed and a new is
inserted. This gives me ordinary handling on local mail (internal on
the linux box) and my account name on everything that goes outside.

Christian Lynbech          | Computer Science Department, University of Aarhus
Office: R0.32              | Ny Munkegade, Building 540, DK-8000 Aarhus C
Phone: +45 8942 3218       | lynbech@daimi.aau.dk -- www.daimi.aau.dk/~lynbech