RE: shadow password

> Im sick of solaris x86, we want to migrate or user machine from solaris x86
> to debian.  The only problem is, i dont want to have to convert 500
> passwd/shadow entries into debian passwd entries.
>
> Can debian (a package perhaps?) handle shadow? and is the solris encryption
> the same as the debian?

im using debian v2.0.23 with shadow passwords and opie on top of that, no problems
here running debian and shadow, except for one small glitch that sometimes
happens. if you run pwconv it creates a new /etc/npasswd file with 600 mode, just
change it to 644 after renaming it.

--
 | Software Engineer - C++ and SQL  |  email: winspace@geko.net.au  |

--