Re: cannot exec 'cc1'

Hi Guy --
You suggested:
> "Susan G. Kleinmann" <sgk@sgk.tiac.net> writes:
> > On a relatively recent Debian installation, I keep getting this error:
> > gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1': No such file or directory
> Do you have any packages installed which divert gcc?  Other language
> compilers?  Do an strace on gcc and see where it's looking for cc1.

Thanks for your response.
    strace gcc hello.c
did indeed reveal where gcc was looking for cc1, which I could then have
used on Contents.gz to find out what was confusing gcc.

It looks as if this problem was reported as Bug #4773 against gnat 3.04-2,
and that Mark Eichin plans to fix it along with the release of a new
version of gnat.

Susan Kleinmann