Re: popclient - loosing mails

On Wed, 6 Nov 1996, Boris D. Beletsky wrote:

> Hi
> i remmeber somebody saying somthing about loosing mails when geting
> them via popclient, a few minutes a go i noticed that the same is
> happening to me.
> Nov  6 06:35:11 sim AutoPop[23609]: poped 2 messages
>
> and i get only one mail
> (AutoPop is just some crontab scripts that pops through popclient and
> loggs how much mails it d/l'ed)
>
> so did anybody found why it's happening?

I was the one who reported the problem. Someone replied that they have the
same problem when pine is running (conflict over lock file), but I always
make sure pine has exited before I pop down my mail. It seems that if the
number of messages are less than 5, that I have an even chance of not
seeing any new mail in my inbox after popclient reports downloading the
files.
Is there some way to track this activity?

Thanks,

Dwarf