Re: Travan Tape Drive Problems

> On Tue, 5 Nov 1996, Walter L. Preuninger II wrote:
> > The tapedrive is identified in win95 as a QIC3020.
> This is a SCSI tape drive.  (I've seen it ONCE as IDE although..)
> Take a look at the SCSI - Tape Howto.
> Hope this points in the right direction.

QIC-3020 (and the related Travan TR3) drives are certainly common
in floppy drive types. eg the Iomega Ditto 3200, which I have.
The special accelerated controller isn't really supported
(or rather, the support situation is unclear and it doesn't
work for me), but it works on the standard floppy controller.

hamish