Re: Travan Tape Drive Problems

Daniel Stringfield <servo@jax-inter.net> writes:

> On Tue, 5 Nov 1996, Walter L. Preuninger II wrote:
> > The tapedrive is identified in win95 as a QIC3020.
>
> This is a SCSI tape drive.  (I've seen it ONCE as IDE although..)
> Take a look at the SCSI - Tape Howto.
> Hope this points in the right direction.
>
> Open up your case, and see what cable its attached too... Only use FTAPE
> if its hooked up through the floppy drive cable. (Slow!)
>

>From Ftape HOWTO :

  driver under Linux.  The ftape driver interfaces to QIC-40, QIC-80,
  QIC-3010 and QIC-3020 compatible drives only. The QIC-3010 and
  QIC-3020 standards are also known as `Travan' (TR-2 and TR-3).  These
  drives connects via the floppy disk controller (FDC).  It does not

So Walter is using a Ftape tape - check /var/log/messages to see what
the error messages and join the Ftape mailing list or check a
linux.ftape (?) newsgroup (which is a gateway to the list if your site
has it).

Adrian Phillips