Re: Can Debian install from a UMSDOS filesystem?

Rick Macdonald said:
> I couldn't find in the FAQ whether or not one can place all the
> deb files on a UMSDOS drive and install from scratch with
> the boot floopy sets.

Dunno about that, but I *do* know that you should *not* use UMSDOS on a SCSI
device. There is a bug still floating around in the kernel which will cause
massive filesystem corruption on your UMSDOS partition if it is on a SCSI
device. Something to do with a kernel stack overflow somewhere. The UMSDOS
developer is trying to isolate the problem.

--
Scott Barker
Linux Consultant

[ I try to reply to all e-mail within 3 days. If you don't   ]
[ get a response by then, I probably didn't get your e-mail. ]
[ Unsolicited commercial and junk e-mail will be proof-read for US$100 ]

"All animals except man know that the ultimate of life is to enjoy it."
   - Samuel Butler