Re: Trying to install TeX

On Sun, 3 Nov 1996, Nick Busigin wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Nov 1996, David Wright wrote:
>
> > So the next package is texbin (3.1415-5), and the error message I get is:
> >
> > Setting up texbin (3.1415-5) ...
> > dpkg: error processing texbin (--install):
> >  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
> > Error were encountered while processing:
> >  texbin
> > DPKG ERROR
> >
> > I have no idea how to proceed.
> > a) Should I be typing dpkg --foo bar, and if so, what exactly?
> > b) Can I watch dpkg --foo bar do its work so I can see where it fails?
>
> I ran into the same problem myself.   Are you working off a CD or from
> files that you have ftp'd recently from ftp.debian.org ?
>
> I recommend that you get the latest tex files from Debian's ftp site and
> then make sure that you do *not* install the cfg hyphenation rules when
> you install the texlib package.
>
> That's what worked for me.
>
> Best regards,
>
>                                      Nick

> Nick Busigin                                                nick@xwing.org
>
> To obtain my pgp public key, email me with the subject: "get pgp-key"

I ran out of most of my problem with TeX/LaTeX distribution by installing
everything (I try it but on last rex and on the last ImageMagic CDs on
another computer). This included the basefonts, mffonts and the metric
files. If I don't included this ones, I got problems.

Also, they're still  a package who always report a bugs at configuration :
AUCTEX. Can I considered this as a bug reports?

Bye!

Little Billy goes to the zoo:
 " Looks mom! an elephant like those on the Internet! "