Re: Trying to install TeX

On Fri, 1 Nov 1996, David Wright wrote:

> So the next package is texbin (3.1415-5), and the error message I get is:
>
> Setting up texbin (3.1415-5) ...
> dpkg: error processing texbin (--install):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
> Error were encountered while processing:
>  texbin
> DPKG ERROR
>
> I have no idea how to proceed.
> a) Should I be typing dpkg --foo bar, and if so, what exactly?
> b) Can I watch dpkg --foo bar do its work so I can see where it fails?

I ran into the same problem myself.   Are you working off a CD or from
files that you have ftp'd recently from ftp.debian.org ?

I recommend that you get the latest tex files from Debian's ftp site and
then make sure that you do *not* install the cfg hyphenation rules when
you install the texlib package.

That's what worked for me.

Best regards,

                                     Nick