Re: gs -anitialias * cause core dump(Re: gv -antialias?)

> > Are you sure gs dumps core or do you merely get regular gs error
> > messages (which usually almost look like a core dump) ?
>
> I (think I) heard somewhere that problems with gs giving
> errors (illegal operations and so forth) are due to a bug in gcc
> when gs is compiled with certain optimisations, and this
> was fixed with gcc 2.7.2.1. I could be wrong though.

No, you are right. I know you are right, that's why I
(gs maintainer) use gcc-2.7.2.1. So, you are wrong in
thinking that gcc-2.7.2's bugs may have caused this.

Anyway, for anyone interested, his problems were caused
by him using libc-5.4.7.
Also, he would get core dumps whatever arguments he gave to
gs (as long as it were at least 2 arguments, I think).

--
joost witteveen
            joost@rulcmc.leidenuniv.nl