Re: Faxing?

> From: Robert Nicholson <robert@elastica.com>
>
> Can you fax text etc in EFAX without ghostscript?

Yes and no.

Yes, because efax comes with a utility to turn text files into group-3 fax
images. It's called "efix" and an example usage is given near the bottom of
the efax man page.

No, because I haven't been able to successfully fax anyone with efax yet.
It starts transferring the fax and then wigs. It's probably a class 1 vs.
class 2 thing or something... but I haven't figured it out yet.

So, to summarize, I can't fax with efax, but it has nothing to do with my
not having ghostscript.

- Joe