Re: does libc5.4.7 compatible with netscape 3.0

Randy Gobbel writes:
> Yes, I would say it's a bug in the Debian version of libc 5.4.7.  Some
> functions have been moved from the C library to the compiler, and applications
> compiled with older versions of gcc need help to work with libc 5.4.7.  I
> stumbled across a fix for the problem at

Are you sure about this?  I tried H.J. Lu's precompiled version and it
causes Netscape to bus error also.  Someone else suggested that it was
a Java-related problem in netscape.  I haven't had any problems since
I disabled Java support.

> http://nightflight.com/~pcg/medkit.html

This page is empty as far as I can tell.

David