Re: Annoying package dependence concept

I agree wholeheartedly! I am a beta-tester for XFree86 and update
by distribution about twice a week with new alpha releases.
Every time I run "make Everythingl make install", I overwrite debian
libraries and binaries. I am going to have to d/load XFree86 3.2 in
debian form, even though I have 70+ MB of source and binaries on
my machine. After 3.2, I think I'll just install XFree86 in
/usr/local/X11R6.
--
Stephen Pitts					pitts2@memphisonline.com
Proudly running Debian GNU/Linux 1.1 on an Intel Pentium 150

If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the
shoulders of giants.
		-- Isaac Newton

In the sciences, we are now uniquely privileged to sit side by side
with the giants on whose shoulders we stand.
		-- Gerald Holton

If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing
on my shoulders.
		-- Hal Abelson

In computer science, we stand on each other's feet.
		-- Brian K. Reid