Re: Callback Internet Link

Stephen Pitts wrote:

> I created a setuid script that attempted to mount my cdrom. Running
> it as a user, the only error I got was that it couldn't modify
> mtab. So, I guess you were right and a script only runs
> semi-setuid.

You might want to use the "super" utility to run scripts that set uid
for you. You edit the /etc/super.tab file to tell it how much
authority a script can have and who is allowed to run it. For example,
I have

cdmount     /usr/local/bin/cdmount uid=root  moho@hostname
cdumount    /usr/local/bin/cdumount uid=root moho@hostname

in mine. the cdmount/cdumount scripts can just have the full mount and
umount commands that I would run as root. Normally you would use them
by doing "super cdmount" at the prompt, but if you look in the
examples in /usr/doc/super after installing it you'll see how to make
the super-invoking built-in.

--
-Mike Horansky, Leland Consultant (http://consult.stanford.edu/)
 moho@cyclone.stanford.EDU

OPINIONS EXPRESSED BY ME ARE NOT NECESSARILY SHARED BY MY EMPLOYERS.