Is this acceptable?

I was just wondering if this was acceptable:

binaries created with Libc5.4.7 are not compatable with libc5.2.18

I was wondering if it was acceptable if I make debian packages to put in the requires box
that it requires libc5.4.7 in the unstable section.

I am using libc5.4.7 because it is needed for 2.1.x

Tristan McCann - York, Maine, USA - Surfing the Internet with Linux!
mailto: trismcc@nh.ultranet.com, homepage: http://www.nh.ultranet.com/~trismcc/
Happily running Debian Linux 1.1 ([rex]), K. Ver. 2.0.x, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 95
"Could I have been anyone other than me?" Dave Matthews