Re: Which Netscape? 3B4?

Robert Nicholson writes:
> Hi, I noticed that the .deb in rex is for 3B4 .... Is that what people are
> running today? Will that deb (which requires you to download netscape) work
> with other releases?
>
> --
> They pay homage to a king who's dreams are buried in their minds.
> His tears are frozen stiff. Icicles drip from his eyes.
>
> --

Robert,
The correct netscape is in contrib. First download netscape for linux 3.0 from
a debian mirror and put it /tmp. Then install the netscape package. The files
aren't in the netscape package itself because Netscape prevents redistribution
of its software. The netscape package is just a script that untars the archive
and puts the files into various areas of /usr.
--
Stephen Pitts					pitts2@memphisonline.com
Proudly running Debian GNU/Linux 1.1 on an Intel Pentium 150

"There was an interesting development in the CBS-Westmoreland trial:
both sides agreed that after the trial, Andy Rooney would be allowed to
talk to the jury for three minutes about little things that annoyed him
during the trial."
		-- David Letterman