xdvi/xdvik

Hi,

Does anyone know how the path to the fonts works? I read the man page
from front to back and set the XDVIFONTS variable correctly, i think, but
it still refuses to find the fonts.

Is kpathsea built in? (ie do i have to install kpathsea.deb asa well) cos
it seems to call kpathsea to make the fonts/find the fonts but it doesn't
find them. I put the fonts where they were supposed to be ie in
usr/lib/texmf/fonts/pk/... still it doesn't work.

i haven't installed any tex or mf or libs though. But i've got all the pk
fonts.

Can anyone help?

BG