Re: syslogd won't start

Joey Hess <joey@kite.preferred.com> writes:

> I'm having a problem with the sysklogd package. Sometimes when I boot up,
> it says it's starting syslogd, waits there for about a minute (much longer
> than usual), and then continues on to start klogd. It looks like syslogd
> isn't really starting when it delays this way, or it is dying after it
> starts up.

Some versions of sysklogd die at bootup when your net is not running
(as in under ppp).  Adding entries in /etc/hosts may solve your
problem.  See a recent thread in the comp.os.linux groups...

nathan

--
Nathan O. Siemers  Bristol-Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute
3005 First Avenue, Seattle, WA 98121  (206) 727-3741   siemers@bms.com