rescue disk set

Last night, my aging micropolis 1.5 gig drive decided to scramble itself.
"Self," I think, "Just boot up off the boot and root disks, and fsck the
root partition back into order." A noble thought, but to my utter dismay,
I found out that the boot/root set doesn *not* have fsck on it! Does
anyone have a rescue-type boot set that can be incorporated into
the Debian distribution? I actually had to install the base floppy
set onto a little used partition on another drive, and then boot
off that to get fsck. Found that the root inode is gone due to sectors
0,1,2, and 3 being NFG.. time to re-lowlevel and pray...

Tim

--
 (work) sailer@bnl.gov / (home) tps@buoy.com - http://www.buoy.com/~tps
         "A public-opinion poll is no substitute for thought."