Re: Smail / Sendmail

First option:
If I remember correctly, during Sendmail install, it asks if you
would like to have Sendmail forward all mail to another address.
Simply give it the IP of the Win95 box and configure Sendmail NOT
to use DNS.  The /etc/hosts file should do what you need.

Second option:
Using a Linux box as a router,DNS, and Internet Gateway via ISDN
is our exact configuration.  Not only will it work, but very well.
There are several things to consider but it works flawlessly after
setup.
1) Depending on your ISDN TA, you'll want it to establish your
    connection to your provider and re-establish that connection
    if disconnected for any reason. (A few assumptions sorry)
2) Setup DNS.  A whole book written on this subject.  Not too
    large a mountain though.
3) Configure your network to use the Linux Box as your
    gateway. (We have both Win95 and Win31 boxes that
    access the internet through our LINUX GATEWAY.

Working these items individually should yield your final option.

Regards,  Jeff