Smail / Sendmail

Ok, here's the problem folks.

1. The only computer in our LAN that has access to the Internet is a
Win95 system, so it can't run DNS.

2. Smail and Sendmail on all the Debian boxes tell me they can't
deliver mail without DNS.

3. I've tried every combination known to man, for the configuration
of DNS on any of the Debian boxes, and I just can't get it to work.

I seems like this would be easy, but I'm not even sure it's possible.
This is what I want to do.
The Win95 box is connected to the Internet and handles mail
transfers, the DNS for the mail server is my ISP.  I want to set up a
Debian box to run as a listserver,  getting mail from the mail server
and sending all mail to the mail server to be sorted and delivered as
it sees fit.  I don't want the Debian box to have any outbound mail
logic at all, it is to blindly send all mail to the Win95 box, and
let it figure it out.  The other option is to run a local DNS server
on one of the Debian boxes (for my LAN only), so smail will be able
to find out where it is to send it's mail, but I can't seem to get
DNS to work without Internet access.  Our final goal is to have one
of the Debian boxes work as a router and DNS for the local net it
will have a ISDN connection to the Inet, but I have to be sure all
this will work before I make the changes.

My e-mail address is  ttrimble@tdhs.com
Please send mail to me direct, instead of to the list.  I will give
FREE homepage and ftp space to anyone that can help me fix there
problems.

Thank You
Tim Trimble