Re: mail/new reader [was]Re: Unsubscribe from this list...

Richard G. Roberto wrote:

> On 26 Sep 1996, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
>

> > Unfortunately not _all_ mailing lists are available as newsgroups,
> > I guess I'll have to put up with that until somebody writes an
> > integrated mail/news reader (AFAIAC mail is news is mail etc).
>
> Ever heard of PINE?  Supports IMAP and NNTP news access.
> Doesn't deal with threads very well at the moment (3.95) but
> 4.x will address this better (AFAIK).

I missed the beginning of this thread, but I use Netscape v3.0 for
mail and news. The Mail reader is primitive, but the next version will
be more full featured (filters, etc).

The functionality is not bad now: live URL links in all mail and news:
just click and the web browser window goes into action. You can drag and
drop a news article to a mail folder (hey - I suggested this one to them
myself!). Plus, it's available for many different platforms and looks
and
works more or less the same on all. And, my interpretation of the
license
agreement is that you don't have to pay for it anymore unless you're
required to use it to perform your job in a company.

--
...RickM...