Re: Disk Compression - Stacker - Drivespace, etc.

> I am curious whether or not the conventional PC disk compression utilities
> such as Stacker and Drivespace are compatible with the Linux O/S?
>
> I heard that Stacker 4.0 for O/S2 was a compatible utility. Fact or
> Fantasy?

The "conventional" utils are not compatible with Linux.  I believe there is a
utility to allow Linux to read DoubleSpaced systems.

Linux has a filesystem-independent on-the-fly compression for Linux called
DouBle, that incidentally, I am writing the documentation for :-)

Check it out at http://homepage.midusa.net/~jgoerzen/DouBle

--
John Goerzen          | System administrator & owner, The Communications
Custom programming    | Centre and Complete Network (complete.org)