Re: Scsi errors

At 07:55 PM 9/25/96 -0500, you wrote:

>	Are there any kernels that are known to work _for_sure_ with an
>AHA-1542CF??  Maybe that's my problem...
>
>				Mike

I've been running a AHA-1542CF since the 1.x kernel series with no trouble
at all.  I know have two systems with them in there running 2.0.15 and
1.2.10.  I did have a problem before with the scsi cable which I posted to
here - basically what it kept doing was writing to the hard drive in wrong
places, corrupting things when accessing the cdrom I have connected.  Turned
out that it was the cable and I've never had any trouble since then.

Perhaps it could be the hard drive, but then again, I wouldn't know about
that - both my scsi disks are SCSI-2 and yours is a SCSI-3, perhaps it
doesn't like them for some reason?

Regards

...Karl

--