Work around: X11 Configuration of Elsa Winner 2000PRO/X-2

Hi.

I managed to work around the problem of higher resolutions on a Elsa Winner
2000PRO/X in conjunction with a Philips Autoscan-Monitor.
I dropped in the 3.1.2 G Beta release XF86_S3 server and everything works
well in every desired mode from 640x480/60Hz up to 1600x1200/80Hz. The
server only complains:
"Couldn't load XKB keymap - falling back to pre-XKB keymap"
But I think I can live with this ill-humoured piece of software :-)

Thanks to all the nice people who helped me.

Volker M. Goebbels
System Administrator, http://www.mc.rwth-aachen.de/~vmg/
Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry, http://www.mc.rwth-aachen.de
Rheno-Westfalian Technical University, Aachen, Germany
Member of the HTML Writers Guild, http://www.hwg.org
Nine megs for the secretaries fair,    | One disk to rule them all,
Seven megs for the hackers scarce,     | One disk to bind them,
Five megs for the grads in smoky lairs,| One disk to hold the files
Three megs for system source;          | And in the darkness grind 'em.