RE: X11 Configuration of Elsa Winner 2000PRO/X-2

On Wed, 18 Sep 1996, Rik Ling wrote:

> I have neither an Elsa card or a Phillips monitor, but I remember when
> trying to get my Daytek 17" to work with my ATI Mach64 under Windows
> 3.11, I had the exact same problem: worked fine at 640x480 but the
> higher resolutions just came up with a blank screen.  No clicking, no
> buzzing, no smoke, just.....nothing.  With the help of the tech folks at
> Daytek I tracked it down to the sync polarity of the monitor when
> running at higher modes.  Apparently the Daytek monitor reverses the
> polarity when in those modes.  I went into the ATI card setup utility
> and changed the polarity there and, voila!, it worked just fine.  This
> was over 18 months ago, and I haven't had a problem since.
> Could your monitor have the same problem?  If forced to, I could probably
> find the monitor manual and give a more detailed explanation.
>
> Just my $0.02.  Hope it helps.

Thanks for you fast reply. I think this is the problem because the
monitor gives a sound when going to screen saver mode and it does the
same when switching to a higher mode in X11. He repeatedly beeps on, I
think because the sync says "power down" and there is a video signal so
it tries to display.
Thank you also for your offer, so if you have some time to look for the
sync description this would help. The Philips manual lists the sync
modes, but they may be false ...

With best regards,

Volker M. Goebbels
System Administrator, http://www.mc.rwth-aachen.de/users/vmg/
Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry, http://www.mc.rwth-aachen.de
Rheno-Westfalian Technical University, Aachen, Germany
Member of the HTML Writers Guild, http://www.hwg.org
      "Why use Windows, when I can leave through the door?"