Re: strange problems with $MANPATH and xdm

fluke@quark.nanohertz.org said:
> So my Question is now: How can I make xdm pass the environment to the
> window manager and all progs started? is there an equivalent of /etc/
> profile for the window manager?

Sure.  Your .xsession file is run whenever you start (actually during all the
execution of) your session.  You must be careful when modifying it, because it
may prevent you from using Xdm at all (!!).  Alternatively, you can create a
file /etc/environment and put variable definitions on it.  As far as I know,
it is not documented, but the /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc script uses it, so it
should work.

Regards,

M. S.
Martin A. Soto J.                           Profesor
Departamento de Ingenieria de Sistemas y Computacion
Universidad de los Andes      masoto@uniandes.edu.co