strange problems with $MANPATH and xdm

hi everybody.

I'm currently experiencing some strange environment problems and don't
really know where to look/add things.. Let's first describe what I do:

I use tkman to have a nice X frontend to man...  the only problem is: if I
use it directly from my menu in fvwm2, it only knows about /usr/man and
/usr/local/man .. it doesn't know about dirs like /usr/local/Motif-2.0/man
and /usr/X11R6/man.

This _only_ occurs when using it with XDM .. If I do use startx, it works
great because these dir are in the export MANPATH in /etc/profile..  also,
if I use xdm, an xterm and call tkman from within the xterm, it works well
(environment is passed to it ...)

So my Question is now: How can I make xdm pass the environment to the
window manager and all progs started? is there an equivalent of
/etc/profile for the window manager?

any suggestions welcome..
thanx for reading
Antoine Reid

    Antoine Reid / linux@sympatico.ca
    KeyID 1024/6E2E993D
    Fingerprint 6D A5 D2 D9 FC 17 FB 74  4A BB E7 70 41 E3 3A A1
-=> All opinions are my own, so leave my employer out of this <=-